Position Description: The primary responsibility for the association president is implement the association’s activities as directed by the board of directors. This position is responsible for overseeing the administration including staff management, programs and strategic plan of the organization, including government affairs work, event management, and membership and revenue growth. The president reports directly to the board of directors.
Duties & Responsibilities
Board of Directors and Committees
· Work with the board of directors to establish an annual program of work and fulfill the association mission within budget guidelines as approved by the board.
· Keep the board fully informed of relevant, current and emerging food industry issues. Ensure association programs are relevant and addressing current challenges and opportunities.
· Serve as an ex-officio non-voting member of the board; assures board compliance with association bylaws, policies and articles.
· Supervises all committees and chairs.
· Carries out other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the board as necessary.
Financial Performance and Viability
· Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the association, to include submission to the board of directors a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements.
· Responsible for day-to-day fiscal management within the budget approved by the board.
· Grows membership revenue through both new and retained accounts.
· Responsible for annual audit, tax filings, and all other organizational required financial reports.
Administration and Office Management
· Responsible for implementation of association’s programs, including seminars, Spring Summit, Sporting Clay Shoot and Annual Convention.
· Responsible for the enhancement of the association’s image by being active and visible in the three-state area.
· Responsible for interfacing with association committees to drive the strategies of the Board.
· Responsible for the hiring, management, performance evaluations and retention of competent, qualified staff.
· Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization within the parameters set by the board.
· Oversees all communication to the membership.
Membership, Communications and Public Policy
· 5+ years association management or related experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
· Transparent and high integrity leadership
· Budget management skills, including budget development, analysis, decision making and reporting
· Strong organizational skills including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
· Ability to convey a vision of MWFPA future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
· Skills to work with other organizations on a variety of issues
· Strong written and oral communication skills including public speaking ability
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations and qualifications, to email@example.com no later than February 28, 2019.
Wisconsin Hotel & Lodging Association - President and CEO
The Wisconsin Hotel & Lodging Association (WH&LA), with the support of Association Options, is recruiting and evaluating candidates for the position of President & CEO.
Led by a 36-member Board of Directors, the Wisconsin Hotel & Lodging Association (WH&LA) is a non-profit trade association consisting of more than 600 hotels, motels, resorts, inns, bed & breakfasts, and lodging executives around Wisconsin. WH&LA also welcomes industry vendors, chambers of commerce, convention & visitor bureaus, colleges and college students specializing in a lodging or hospitality curriculum into its membership.
WH&LA is eager to identify a visionary, adaptive, and passionate executive committed to positively impacting the organization in terms of state and national awareness and safeguarding WH&LA’s reputation as a resource and leader in the hospitality industry. The successful candidate will serve as the President & CEO, responsible to the Board of Directors for the effective conduct of the activities and business of the Association.
The ideal candidate for this position will be an effective, tenacious, detail-oriented yet forward-thinking leader. She/he will bring a variety of experiences and attributes to the association including:
BEFORE applying please view the complete position description found at: http://www.wisconsinlodging.org/proxy/files/WHLA%20Executive%20Job%20Description%20and%20Profile.pdf.
To apply, please send one PDF application including cover letter, resume and salary requirements by February 1, 2019 to the search firm. If these items are not provided in their entirety by the deadline, your submission will not be considered. In the cover letter, please provide brief details stating how you meet the qualifications listed and how you can positively contribute to WH&LA now and into the future.
Association Options, Inc.
c/o Stacey Barnes